Official Texture Pack (with Tekkit Items) Thread

Discussion in 'General SGTekkit Discussion' started by Kewish, Mar 16, 2012.

1. DarkMalfunction

DarkMalfunction Industrialist

I use the defined texture pack, as sphax is laggy on my computer, and the link for the 64 Industrialcraft textures was broken (Didnt realise there was a whole tekkit folder you can download XD) but I use defined, while using the Industrialcraft textures from faithful, as the lazy ass who makes it doesn't support many mods :(
  2. Itsasecret581

Itsasecret581 The Moderation has been exponentially increased!

DarkMalfunction likes this.
  3. DarkMalfunction

DarkMalfunction Industrialist

just doing my job ;)
  4. Tigerius

Tigerius Tinkerer

Have anyone found any other texture packs suited for Tekkit? Like Fallout inspired (the picture that I saw reminded me alittle of it) or any HD packs that includes the Tekkit.
    Just throwing another question in the meantime, is there anyone else experieing a very pale stone on the default texture pack for Tekkit. Or is it just me?
  5. NexCruentus

NexCruentus Active Member

Might be marble your seeing Tigerius.
  6. Tigerius

Tigerius Tinkerer

NexCruentus: No, it is not the marble blocks -.- . I just feel that the stone block more pale (lighter shade of grey) then from the "normal" minecraft.
  7. NexCruentus

Soooorrrrreeeeeeeeeeee. "Very pale stone" to me sounds like marble I'm just trying to help.
  8. Itsasecret581

Itsasecret581 The Moderation has been exponentially increased!

9. Rooster

Rooster Moderator Staff Member

I have a texture pack of my own tweaking. It is mainly SoarTex, but with a number of vanilla textures replaced by Misa's,which I used previously. SoarTex has high amounts of Technic support, although often around 70-80% completion for given mods (especially the big ones). A few of the textures I made myself with my leet shopping skills to fill in gaps. This is a 64x texture pack. (IC2 is using 32x textures for one page, but they're well done and you will NOT notice).
    Current Version(tweaked regularly)
    SoarTex FanVer (Has a forum for the Technic plugin updates
    Misa's Realistic
    w33ksy92 likes this.
  10. NexCruentus

TWEAK IT MOAR!!! It doesn't look right sometimes for advanced machines and Solar Panels lay on their sides randomly.
  11. w33ksy92

w33ksy92 Industrialist

rooster, well done on that texturepack. one thing though, will you be able to get a hi def textures from redpower as some are still missing

keep up the good work with the texture pack
  12. Rooster

The machines-on-sides thing isn't related to my texture pack. Try placing them in single player. They work fine. It's a glitch I've seen in Tekkit before and it's a weird client/server desync thing that doesn't actually affect the workings of anything. It's just annoying. And the other textures will get pushed in as I see them show up on the Soartex board. :)
  13. Stormer97

Stormer97 Tinkerer

Does this work with the current version of tekkit (3. something)?
  14. Rooster

The texture pack I linked works with Tekkit 3, yes. A few textures are missing, but not many. And by missing, I mean default.
  15. Angelique M Gracia

Angelique M Gracia Industrialist

http://www.mediafire.com/?lbda5gxawg55kcm <=-- this is my modified version of sphax, it has new tetures for all energy storage devices, glass, crystal chests and a bunch of other fixes, including a proper interface for the CTIII.
  16. Stormer97

Stormer97 Tinkerer

Thank you, does it need the base spahx? or is it standalone?
  17. Angelique M Gracia

Angelique M Gracia Industrialist

Its a full repack of the basic sphax, meaning this rar is all you need
  18. xchampx13

xchampx13 Industrialist

Faithful 32x pack also works and has everything for the newest tekkit versions.
  19. Aet

Aet Industrialist

This would be a post asking for expertise beyond my own.
    Texture packs on tekkit are totally defeating me. Rooster's tweaked link leads to a dropbox 404 error. When I manually attempt to download Faithful 32x32 default 1.2.5 plus the Tekkit release and manually combine + recompress the resulting folder, it just plain ol' doesn't work for me - there's literally no difference in-game when I select the default vs the faithful 32x32 pack. Is the tekkit pack release assuming 1.3 which does not combine well with the 1.2.5 vanilla pack? What am I doing wrong? >_<
    I never had this problem with changing just the vanilla texture pack... and when using one OR the other (vanilla pack or tekkit pack) I can see the appropriate blocks changed respective of what that pack targets - just not everything.
    Note that this is on a mac, so I may just be combining packs wrong.
  20. Bunsan

Bunsan Was just some mod

If you get pack from Rooster you'll want to modify the sticky reed image, if it hasn't been already, as it looks identical to normal sugar cane.